Hi friends, recent days I have worked on website performance improvement techniques. I usually follow the below steps to improve the your website performance.
Step 1: First create phpinfo file and run the file in browser
Then we will get the list of loaded modules in the server.
Step 2. Check that mod_rewrite is enable or not.
If not enable ask host provider to enable it ( Shared hosting server )
In cloud host go to php.ini and enable it and restart the apache.
Step 3. Check CURL package is enable or not.
if not enable ask host provider to enable it.
Step 4. Few basic steps to follow when doing website
- All CSS files needs to be included in the header section of the page.
- Compress the CSS files
- Try to use the Google/Microsoft server’s jQuery files ( for CDN purpose )
- Use compress images
- Use gzip to compress complete page
- Avoid ‘*’ in the MySql queries ‘select * from table’
- Avoid unnecessary variables assigning in the page
- Avoid ‘@’ symbol before the variable to avoid warning messages